Saturday, July 31, 2010

Zurich, Toulouse










I had to go to Zurich, Switzerland and then to Toulouse, France. The purpose of the Zurich trip was to work on an Embraer 170 simulator at Swiss Aviation Training. I was in Zurich for four days and found it to be a very clean place. Everyone was very nice.
I arrived in Toulouse the day that stage 14 of the Tour de France was 20km from Toulouse. As a result, every rental car was booked. I took the bus and metro everywhere I went which turned out to be a pleasant experience. Instead of focusing on driving which I normally do, I could look out the window and check out the place. I went to Airbus for 3 days of meetings. On the 3rd day I had a look at the A380 "iron bird". An iron bird is a static mockup of all the control surfaces, hydraulic lines, actuators, etc that are all married to giant electric pumps and a flight deck. I've seen the 787 iron bird before and am happy I got to see the A380 (and incomplete A350) ironbird.
If things didn't work out for me, I could have become a Domino's pizza scooter-delivery boy. I told Dylan that he could look forward to a future in scooter pizza delivery.
There was a cool bicycle rental system (pictured). There were stations all over downtown Toulouse. You could buy a pass or a single day rental. Just swipe your pass, hop on a bike and go. At the end of the day leave the bike at a station. Lots and lots of bike riders in Toulouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home